Bankruptcy occurs when during the process of a cycle, we do not have enough money to charge us for all expenses. The consequences of bankruptcy are as follows:
- All research and production is stopped.
- There is a loss of prestige.
- All leaders are lost and all spy networks are deactivated.
It is important to get out of this situation as soon as possible. For this, it is possible to dismantle some expensive facilities such as laboratories, or if the situation is very extreme, license some fleet.
In any economy you want to recover, the goal is to balance the balance. To do this, either increase incomes or reduce spending.
There are several steps you can take to reduce your spending. Depending on the urgency, some may be more drastic than others. Recycle redundant or low-use facilities
- If we have assembly plants that spend the majority of the time inactive we are squandering money. We can recycle them and rebuild them later if our industrial needs so require. The same is true of barracks or shipyards.
On the other hand, the most expensive modules are laboratories. We can stop some research we have going on and recycle a lab or two while our finances go back to positive numbers. Licensing some fleet or troop
- Licensing fleets and troops is immediate. It may be a tough decision, but it could be a wise decision to reduce our military if we can not maintain them.
- Many missions offer a high benefit. It is important to be attentive to the ones that are offered to us.
- Create more colonies
- A more medium-term solution is to create colonies by installing habitats. Habitats need a lot of population to fill, so it may take several days to fill them. Not obstect, the settlers will provide us with tax revenues and will also be buyers of consumer goods.
- We can use points of influence to get money immediately.